[Freeswitch-users] Using mod_shout over ssl, curl issue with curl-ca-bundle.crt file location

Matt Stockton mstockton at harqen.com
Sat Mar 3 20:53:39 MSK 2012

Hi all,

I just upgraded to the latest git, and I'm trying to dive into an issue I'm
having. I am using mod_shout and in some instances am playing files that
are hosted on web servers protected by https. This seemed to be working
fine before I upgraded, but now I am getting the following issues, which is
preventing the streaming of the files:

12-03-02 19:06:57.926919 [WARNING] mod_shout.c:468 CURL returned error:[77]
problem with the SSL CA cert (path? access rights?) : error setting
certificate verify locations:
  CAfile: /usr/local/freeswitch/share/curl/curl-ca-bundle.crt
  CApath: none

I looked at the code and the git history in mod_shout.c where it is setting
all the curl options, nothing seems to have changed there since I last
updated FS (12/07), however, the curl-ca-bundle file is certainly not
located at /usr/local/freeswitch/share/curl/curl-ca-bundle.crt and never
has been as far as I know.

I also looked at other mods that are using curl and where they are
calling switch_curl_easy_setopt (mod_xml_curl, mod_httapi), and noticed
that those mods are setting options that might be related to what I
need? CURLOPT_SSLCERT

I am confused as to what is causing the breakage, since mod_shout hasn't
changed since I last updated, yet none of the ssl curl options are set in
mod_shout..and I never had any problems with the mod_shout curl usage
finding the certificate verify locations by default. Is there some other
default that used to be set in the freeswitch configuration that I need to
set manually?

Any help is appreciated!!! Thanks!
Matt