[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH on Raspberry Pi

curriegrad2004 curriegrad2004 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 03:03:10 MSK 2012

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 3:02 PM, Michael Collins <msc at freeswitch.org> wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> I just saw an article in Engadget that said that some "hobbyists" were
> trying to put FS on Raspberry Pi. I recall Richard Neese talking this
> subject a few months ago but I hadn't heard anything recently. If you are
> working to put FS on RP then please contact me off list. I would like to
> keep track of these projects.

Can you post a link to the said article?

And from my early experimentation, yes it is highly possible to put
FreeSWITCH on a raspberry pi board as evidenced with the QEMU ARM
emulator for which the R Pi community was using. Heck, if FreeSWITCH
can run properly on uClibc (albeit some linker issues with
mod_spidermonkey), it should run just fine on an embedded platform
like the R Pi.

However, I wouldn't expect much out of it performance wise.