[Freeswitch-users] RTP delay > 100ms by performance testing with freeswitch as trancoding device SILK to G711a

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 21:07:09 MSD 2012

you could do with more than 2 cpu, the more cores the better you will do.
For similar prices you could find a 8 or 12 core box.

The 3 most important things in a FS server are,  as many CPU cores as
possible, as much ram as possible, the best possible CPU with shared
bus to RAM and CPU.

2012/6/29 Eugene Shcherbatyuk <shcherbatyuk at belrosbank.by>:
> Session limit is configurable. Have a look at switch.conf.xml file.
>

> On 28/06/12 21:41, Hoexum, Edwin wrote:
>>
>> I am trying to do some load testing on a freeswitch for transcoding from
>> SILK to G711a.  The question is:  Is  the limit  for RTP sessions
>> limited to CPU power or are there also limits on the freeswitch
>> application and can I tune freeswitch to do the job for 1500 sessions or
>> more.

> Данное сообщение и любые вложения (<<Сообщение>>) являются конфиденциальными, предназначенными исключительно для адресатов, и могут содержать сведения, охраняемые в соответствии с законодательством. Любое несанкционированное использование или распространение Сообщения запрещено. Электронная почта не гарантирует подлинности Сообщений. Ни ЗАО "АКБ "БЕЛРОСБАНК", ни любые его подразделения или дочерние организации не несут ответственности за Сообщение в случае его подмены, изменения либо фальсификации.

> This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential, intended solely for the addressees, and may contain legally privileged information. Any unauthorized use or dissemination is prohibited. E-mails are susceptible to alteration. Neither JSC "BELROSBANK" nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified.

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org
> http://www.cluecon.com
>
> Join Us At ClueCon - Aug 7-9, 2012

Anthony Minessale II