[Freeswitch-users] Building Debian packages for FS and 3rd-party libs

Julian Pawlowski julian.pawlowski at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 16:21:04 MSD 2012

Hi folks,

I'm currently working on the system integration part of the
GemeinschaftPBX version 5.0 (see github.com/jpawlowski/GBE). As
compilation of FreeSWITCH and all dependent 3rd party libraries takes
major time I would like to start using Debian packages which I can
prepare once and reuse during the build phase of the appliance ISO.

I understand your own Debian repository is not ready yet (or at least
it's not public) so I wanted to implement a job on our build system
(running Jenkins CI) to have a continuous build of FS packages based
on changes in the FS Git.
I started by reading documents in /freeswitch/debian/, especially
README.source but as I am new to create Debian packages I can't work
around this error when I try those command mentioned in the readme:

---------
freeswitch_1.2~rc3~n20120628T140917Z.orig.tar.xz does not exist,
creating from 'master'
Building upstream tarball with compression 'xz -1v'
  100 %        29.1 MiB / 143.4 MiB = 0.203    15 MiB/s       0:09
git-pbuilder ['-b', '-us', '-uc'] []
Building for distribution squeeze
Base directory /var/cache/pbuilder/base-squeeze.cow does not exist
git-pbuilder returned 1
Couldn't run 'git-pbuilder -b -us -uc'
---------

I wasn't able to find anything useful regarding missing
base-squeeze.cow file for pbuilder and would appreciate any assistance
here.

In addition, as I plan to have a full set of available modules for FS
in our appliance distribution: Are there already Debian packages
available for the needed 3rd-party modules like all the stuff for
mod_freetdm (especially Sangoma parts)? Just wanted to ask before I
reinvent the wheel ;-)

Cheers,
Julian