[Freeswitch-users] Successful faxing with spandsp / T38 and stats

Mitch Capper mitch.capper at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 18:28:49 MSD 2012

BKW Thanks for the tip I will add it into the methods tried.

Sean between this and the mod_spandsp wiki page I have virtually all
of my details public at this point.   My three biggest tips would be:
1) Always resize the fax down to the most common resolution and size
(well technically I support two resolutions letter and legal)
2) Use quality providers and decent hardware for FS (nothing huge but
given the importance of timing you certainly may want to start without
using a VM to ensure that is not a factor)
3) Try try again with different methods, while faxing should be more
of a negotiation I can't tell you how many fax machines just can't
negotiate well.

~Mitch