[Freeswitch-users] Strange behaviour when sending to voicemail

ocset ocset at the800group.com
Sun Jun 24 17:17:48 MSD 2012

Hi

I have a FreeSWITCH install that uses a Faktortel SIP gateway for
incoming/outgoing calls. The gateway codec is g.722 and everything works
fine except for redirection to voicemail. (I have hard coded the codec
for the gateway since it would not work otherwise.)

Here is the conf/dialplan/public/01_line1.xml file with the dialplan for
incoming calls

<extension name="line1">
<condition field="destination_number" expression="^(5555555555)$">
<action application="set" data="hangup_after_bridge=true"/>
<action application="set" data="continue_on_fail=true"/>
<action application="set" data="call_timeout=20"/>
<action application="bridge" data="group/sales@${domain_name}"/>
<action application="answer"/>
<action application="sleep" data="1000"/>
<action application="voicemail" data="default ${domain} 1000"/>
</condition>
</extension>

When the call is redirected to voicemail, half of the playback message
is lost and the first thing the user hears is "to listen to the message
press 1..."

If I change the dialplan to transfer to the "1000" extension instead,
allowing FreeSWITCH to redirect to voicemail automatically when ext 1001
does not answer, then voicemail works correctly.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
O.