[Freeswitch-users] Speccing server for enterprise FS

Avi Marcus avi at avimarcus.net
Thu Jun 21 18:20:41 MSD 2012

To clarify: FreeSWITCH doesn't need so much resources such that it needs to
run standalone.

However, as with virtualization... voip calls are meant to be real time and
require real time processing.
E.g. if you're running a ptime of 20 (the norm, it seems) that means there
are 50 packets for each channel each second.
Therefore, if the machine is busy for just 20ms and FS can't process that
packet (on every channel!), stuff starts to happen. So running standalone
it's more about rock-solid stability rather than just having, on average,
enough CPU.

-Avi