[Freeswitch-users] Speccing server for enterprise FS

Bzzz lazyvirus at gmx.com
Thu Jun 21 17:48:49 MSD 2012

On Thu, 21 Jun 2012 08:14:15 -0400
Brian Foster <bdfoster at endigotech.com> wrote:

> I would like to suggest that you should be doing HA and
> load balancing between atleast two servers when dealing with that
> kind of traffic. Its hard for me to justify putting all that
> traffic on one server. Just food for thought. Depending on how
> many calls you want to risk losing at any given time, your machine
> specs might be much lower than expected.

I hijack (a bit) this thread: with much lower needs than Alex (let's
say for an average size SME's PBX), shall FS perform well on a
machine that is already a svr for other things (lets says, e-mail,
IM, files (samba), etc, or does it need to be on a stand alone?
(in any case w/ its own Ethernet I/F)

JY
--
When the shit hits the fan, keep your mouth shut!