[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH, OSX, Libtool, Macports

Daniel O'Connor darius at dons.net.au
Tue Jun 19 03:23:45 MSD 2012

On 19/06/2012, at 5:20, Terry Barnum wrote:
> I recently started investigating FS and am curious about what the specific problem is with Macports and FS. I've been using Macports for a couple years and find it to be a great, actively maintained package manager that uses /opt/local, making it a very reliable way to keep production software working through Apple system updates. I've found the Macports team to be very responsive so if there are specific things that I can pass along, it might get fixed. Is there a link or thread that documents what's incompatible with FS?

There is no incompatibility per se - I use Macports and have installed FreeSwitch, although the only thing that FS actually uses from MP is libjpeg as it bundles everything else.

That said, I had trouble getting the bundled PortAudio working so I mangled the mod_portaudio Makefile.am to use the MP PortAudio and it worked fine.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum