[Freeswitch-users] freeswitch directories moved

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 03:27:39 MSD 2012

The project is currently in a feature freeze working towards a version 1.2 release.

As part of this the Redhat and Debian packages are being improved and standardised to be compliant with the various FHS requirements. The move to /etc is precisely part of the standardisation that you are so desperate for.

Sound files are data and don't belong in /etc, personally I'd say they belong under /usr along with the test of the FreeSWITCH binaries - if they're still in /opt then (without following the work the rpm maintainer us doing) its probably a transition that's still in progress.

If this caught you by surprise, then you should always be testing a setup before putting it into production. Once 1.2 is released it'll become the stable branch and offer far fewer surprises.

Steve on iPhone