[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH Weekly News and Notes

Michael Collins marketing at cluecon.com
Mon Jun 18 20:40:04 MSD 2012

We hope you're having a nice Monday today.

The past week was a busy one both for the
FreeSWITCH<http://www.freeswitch.org?cc12-0618>project and for
ClueCon <http://www.cluecon.com?cc12-0618>. Last week's community
conference call was a nice discussion about some of the things that will be
happening at ClueCon this year. We also had a visit from Diana Cionoiu of
the YATE <http://yate.null.ro/pmwiki?cc12-0618> project. This coming
Wednesday we will have Darren Schreiber, co-author of both FreeSWITCH books
and co-founder of the 2600hz project <http://www.2600hz.org?cc12-0618>, on
our call to give his world-famous "SIP 101" presentation. We definitely
look forward to that discussion.

We also wanted to highlight an interesting blog
post<http://blog.krisk.org/2012/06/everything-you-wish-you-didnt-need-to.html?cc12-0618>by
our friend and community member Kristian Kielhofner. Its provocative
title is: "Everything you wish you didn't need to know about VoIP." Over
the years Kristian has collected a lot of knowledge about interoperability
- and lack thereof - between various VoIP devices and servers. Whether
you're a VoIP novice or veteran we think you will appreciate seeing this
knowledge written down for the benefit of all.

In ClueCon news are happy to announce two training session and a birds of a
feather (BOF) meetup for this year's event. Paid attendees of ClueCon will
have their choice of FreeSWITCH or OpenSIPS training. The FreeSWITCH
training will be conducted by the aforementioned Darren Schreiber. The
OpenSIPS training will be conducted by none other than Bogdan-Andrei Iancu,
lead developer of the OpenSIPS project. The training sessions will take
place on Monday, August 6. On the evening of Wednesday, August 8 we will be
having a VoIP security ("VoIPSec") meetup for those interested in
discussing this subject with others who share an interest. Among those who
will be present are Phil Zimmermann of PGP and
ZRTP<http://zfone.com?cc12-0618>fame.

Be sure to register right away so that you can get your extra chances to
win. Anyone who registers before July 4th of this year will receive 10
entries in the great ClueCon giveaway. We have a lot of interesting items
to give away this year, so stay tuned. And while you are at the ClueCon
site to register <http://www.cluecon.com/register?cc12-0618>, but sure to
review the schedule <http://www.cluecon.com/schedule?cc12-0618> as we've
added a number of new speakers in the past week.

See you in August!

--
Michael S Collins
ClueCon Team