[Freeswitch-users] Relatively new FreeSwitch user, calls from outside not terminated

Thomas Brettinger tb at cool.de
Thu Jun 14 10:28:32 MSD 2012

Hi,

I started toying around with FreeSwitch on PFsense a while ago, and now did a fresh install on a machine inside my lan.

Setup is:

FS --- PFsense (Firewall, NAT) --- Internet --- sipgate.de

Routing inside and outside works like a charm. However, I have the issue that if a call is hung up on a local phone, FreeSwitch doesn't hang up on the sipgate.de leg.
It doesn't make a difference if the call was originated from inside or outside. The call is left open for an unknown time and freeswitch doesn't seem to notice that the inside has hung up (at least, nothing appears in the sip trace or log).

As soon as the remote party hangs up, siptrace and logfile look as they probably should.

Does anyone have an idea where I should start looking for this issue? It *could* have something to do with the firewall between, however I don't believe so, as the call is hung up on the local network and freeswitch doesn't seem to notice.

Oh, and I tried this with Cisco 69xx (SIP) and Siemens GIgaset 501V (SIP) phones.

Any hints appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Thomas