[Freeswitch-users] State of GUIs

mazilo Nabble_01394 at slickdeals.endjunk.com
Sat Jun 9 18:35:05 MSD 2012

Brett Wilson wrote
> It seems that most of the gui projects (blue.box, fusionpbx) have been
> mostly abandoned in terms of development.
I don't know blue.box; however, developers @FusionPBX seems to be very
aggressive in developing FusionPBX. Take a look at the output from *svn
info* and mine is as shown below:

 The problem I have with fusionpbx is that config files are overwritten by
whatever is in the database. If you hand-edit a config file, fusion will not
parse the file and load those settings  into the interface.
For FusionPBX, if you want to retain your manually (hand) edited
configuration file(s), you will need to use the FusionPBX built-in editor to
edit your configuration file(s). Or, you can use its GUI to edit (add/del)
items in your configuration file(s). Once that is done, you will need to
save your configuration file(s). You can confirm the changes by manually
editing your configuration files using your favorite text editor, i.e. vi,
etc., from a shell.

-----
FreeSWITCH hosted on a Seagate DockStar with OpenWRT and ONLY consumes 3 Watts of electricity.