[Freeswitch-users] XML_CURL and static XML (loaded in memory)

Vik Killa vipkilla at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 16:56:07 MSD 2012

Is it possible to load freeswitch with static XML and then load mod_xml_curl?
It seems FreeSWITCH does not work correctly when this is done.
Here is an example:
In freeswitch.xml, I have:
  <section name="directory" description="User Directory">
    <X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="include" data="static/directory.xml"/>
  </section>

This loads my directory configuration statically in memory.
After I start FreeSWITCH, I load mod_xml_curl with 'fs_cli> load mod_xml_curl'
(mod_xml_curl is not loaded when freeswitch starts)

Here is my XML_CURL configuration:

    <configuration name="xml_curl.conf" description="cURL XML Gateway">
        <bindings>
            <binding name="default">
                <param name="gateway-url" value="192.168.0.158"
bindings="directory" />
            </binding>
        </bindings>
    </configuration>

FreeSWITCH does not seem to function properly after XML_CURL is loaded.
If I run the 'user_data' API, FS hangs there for a long time and
eventually returns the password from memory (it does not make an
XML_CURL request)
Here is example:
fs_cli> user_data 1000 at domain.com param password

I guess the ultimate question is this:
Is there any way to setup XML_CURL to failover to static XML (loaded in memory)?

Thanks!