[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch is responding to contact's port when client behind NAT

BELint Inc belintinc at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 08:01:49 MSD 2012

Hi All,

We`ve been using freeswitch since very long, It was good all over but it
got stuck to a simple yet complex situation. We have Yealink T28P series
phones behind NAT and freeswitch is unable to get them register. In the
scenario freeswitch is at public IP. The reason we think is that freeswitch
is using sip port in contact header to respond to.

Is there anyway we can avoid this or force it to always send the response
to destination IP instead of contact or via header ports because clients
are behind NAT and response can only reach them if it respond to
destination IP & PORT.

Please revert if someone know how to solve this problem. It is very urgent.

Regards