[Freeswitch-users] Skype on FreeSwitch install issues

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 02:21:33 MSD 2012

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 8:43 PM, <toddb at toddbailey.net> wrote:

>  Even though I had errors in the skypopen build process, I tried the
> install.pl script
> It resulted in more errors.

you need to follow strictly the wiki page, step by step:

1) build ALL the thingies (included skypopen.ko oss driver kernel module) -
without errors
2) run the install.pl script
3) run the startup script created by the install.pl script

the /boot directory has nothing to do with it, leave it alone.

your alsa install will probably create the /dev/dsp each reboot. So, you
need to run the startup script that will be created by the install script
after each reboot and before FreeSWITCH.

Please follow strictly step by step, or know exactly what you are doing ;) :

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Skypopen#SHORT_BLUEPRINT:_STEPS_NEEDED_TO_USE_SKYPOPEN

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Skypopen#Linux

at this last link, read the entire Linux subsection, at least until the
"windows" subsection begins, and you'll find peace and joy!

-giovanni