[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch & FreeTDM question...

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 20:01:33 MSD 2012

Hello Frank,

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 6:35 PM, Frank Busalacchi Jr <
frankjr at mcpeekdodge.com> wrote:

> I am having intermittent problems with my FXO/FXS ports.  Basically I have
> fax machines attached.  Every so often (sometimes 5-10 days in between),
> the fax machine says that it has no dial tone.  I am able to resolve the
> problem by going to the CLI and unloading mod_freetdm and then reloading
> mod_freetdm.  When the “no dialtone problem” is happening, unloading
> mod_freetdm takes 10 seconds or so…I have even had it crash freeswitch
> during the unload…
>
> **

Whenever this problem happens, you need to enable debug logging in
FreeSWITCH. Dialtone is provided by freetdm not the card, but if the card
does not detect the fax going offhook, then no dialtone will be provided.
First thing is to determine whether FreeTDM receives the offhook event from
the card/drivers, that can be seen if debug logging is enabled (some
message saying something like "wanpipe event x received").

*Moises Silva
**Manager, Software Engineering***

msilva at sangoma.com

Sangoma Technologies

100 Renfrew Drive, Suite 100, Markham, ON L3R 9R6 Canada

t.   +1 800 388 2475 (N. America)

t.   +1 905 474 1990 x128

f.   +1 905 474 9223

**<http://www.sangoma.com/contact?utm_source=signature&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email+signatures>