[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch send 423 (Interval Too Brief)

Lappe, Adam Adam.Lappe at qsc.de
Tue Jun 5 18:51:55 MSD 2012

Hi all,

is there a way to make freeswitch send a 423 (Interval Too Brief) during a SIP REGISTER request?
I want to prevent clients to (re)register with a low expire-time and thus spam our network.
The "sip-force-expires"-variable would work but don't seem to be SIP-compliant to me.

>From RFC 3261:

               10.3 Processing REGISTER Requests

        When receiving a REGISTER request, a registrar follows these steps:

        (...)

        7. The registrar now processes each contact address in the Contact

         header field in turn.  For each address, it determines the

         expiration interval as follows:

         -  If the field value has an "expires" parameter, that value

            MUST be taken as the requested expiration.

         -  If there is no such parameter, but the request has an

            Expires header field, that value MUST be taken as the

            requested expiration.

         -  If there is neither, a locally-configured default value MUST

            be taken as the requested expiration.

         The registrar MAY choose an expiration less than the requested

         expiration interval.  If and only if the requested expiration

         interval is greater than zero AND smaller than one hour AND

         less than a registrar-configured minimum, the registrar MAY

         reject the registration with a response of 423 (Interval Too

         Brief).  This response MUST contain a Min-Expires header field

         that states the minimum expiration interval the registrar is

         willing to honor.  It then skips the remaining steps.

Thanks in Advance,

Adam