[Freeswitch-users] att_xfer and loopback

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Jun 4 19:12:15 MSD 2012

Comments inline...
On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 7:53 AM, Dmitry Sytchev <kbdfck at gmail.com> wrote:

> I asked this question many times on mailing list, and now I'm sure this
> can't be really done with loopback.
> The only alternative for loopback is to re-inject call into FS via some
> separate Sofia profile, and specify that profile in string for att_xfer.

Maybe there's a more elegant way to do this.

This brings up large amount of troubles including DTMF transcoding,
> sequential att_xfer attempt recognition and overall voice/dtmf delay
> introduced by chained channels. Maybe some channels can be moved out of
> scene by using 'simplify' api on correct channels, but this needs tests.

This makes me wonder if att_xfer is the right tool.

> Anyway, loopback channel in FS is completely unusable, so we do need to
> have some  best practices on how to do things without it in FS wiki...
> Maybe I have time and will describe our experience soon.

Please do. I get the feeling that we (the community attempting to help)
have just enough information to be frustrated. I suspect that if we knew
the big picture we could probably offer some more useful suggestions.

-MC