[Freeswitch-users] How to play ivr on background?

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Jun 4 03:54:43 MSD 2012

You're getting into a tricky area here. You want to ignore early media, yet
you want your clients to hear original ring tone of the B leg after you
play an "IVR". (I honestly don't know what you mean by "IVR" here, but I'm
assuming you just mean some sort of recorded message.)

As far as using "say" or anything else like that you need to read up on
phrase macros. I recommend starting here:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Speech_Phrase_Management#Phrases_Section_Primer

Also, chapter 6 of the FS book has some good information on this subject.
It recommends that you look at sounds.xml in conf/lang/en/vm/ to get an
idea of some of the things you can do with phrase macros.

-MC