[Freeswitch-users] Custom Registration

alberto Villa a.villa at seletech.com
Fri Jun 1 11:38:19 MSD 2012

Il 31/05/2012 20:42, Puskás Zsolt ha scritto:
> Hi.
>
> Even if you wrote an ESL script to watch registration events you can't
> refuse or miss a registration so you have to modify the sofia source
> code to achive such a function as far as I know.
>
> Are you using IP address based authentication for phones and afraid the
> user might change the username or why you want such a function ?

>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm using FreeSWITCH in a very custom system and I need to setup this
>> kind of registration:
>>
>> There are two SIP phones A and B: when each SIP phone have its own
>> unique ID the registration to freeswitch goes as usual and no change is
>> needed, but when A and B share the same ID I would like to reject the
>> registration for the last SIP phone. So, if A and B have the same ID and
>> A is registered first, I would like to reject the subsequent
>> registration of B.
>>
>> I tried to change the values of some configuration parameters such as
>> "sip-allow-multiple-registrations" and "max-registrations-per-extension"
>> but it didn't work (by the way I'm not shure to have edited properly
>> this parameters).
>>
>> How can I achive this kind of registration? Thank you
>>
>> Alberto

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org
> http://www.cluecon.com
>
> Join Us At ClueCon - Aug 7-9, 2012

Problem Solved!! I just wrote this line:

<param name="max-registrations-per-extension" value="1"/>

within the "params" tag when defining a new user in the
~/freeswitch/conf/directory/default/ directory. Then issue "reloadxml"
command and everything works as I wanted to: if Extension A is already
registered with id ID_A and extension B tries to register with id ID_A,
the registration is rejected ^_^

Thank you!

--
Dr. Villa Alberto