[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch & FreeTDM question...

Frank Busalacchi Jr frankjr at mcpeekdodge.com
Fri Jun 1 02:35:39 MSD 2012

Hi, and thanks in advance for your help.

I run freeswitch with a SangomA A102 (FXO/FXS) card.  The freeswitch code base that it is running on is about 3 months old.  It is a production server, and taking it down other than in the middle of the night is problemsome...  It is running on Debian Lenny.

In the next couple of days I am going to be spending the night, doing a fresh install of the latest debian (squeeze) at which time I will do a fresh GIT, fresh sangoma wanpipe and be totally current on FreeSwitch.

My Question:

I am having intermittent problems with my FXO/FXS ports.  Basically I have fax machines attached.  Every so often (sometimes 5-10 days in between), the fax machine says that it has no dial tone.  I am able to resolve the problem by going to the CLI and unloading mod_freetdm and then reloading mod_freetdm.  When the "no dialtone problem" is happening, unloading mod_freetdm takes 10 seconds or so...I have even had it crash freeswitch during the unload...

I haven't attempted to narrow down the issue yet, and thought I might ask for some guidance before heading down that path.

One of my thoughts is that perhaps the Hardware is bad, but the fact that unloading/loading mod_freetdm fixes it makes me think it is something in mod_freetdm...

Your thoughts?

-Frank