[Freeswitch-users] Help!! FS -TLS interworking issue, How to config to allow "gentls_cert" to generate a root certificate with more longer valid-period ?

fieldpeak fieldpeak at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 16:25:33 MSD 2012

Hi Masters,

I'm testing the TLS on FS to work with softphone.

followed the wiki (http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Tls#EyeBeam.2FBria_Setup
),

I generated the CA (root) certificate by below command, however, when i
install the root certificate on windows,* it prompt me that the valid
period is for only one month*. I tried to change the "DAYS=2190" inside the
"gentls_cert" script, but it only effect on server certificate(agent.pem)
but not root certificate *(cafile.pem*), Could anyone please help me,
appreciated for your any advise!!

*./gentls_cert setup -cn fs.audiocodes.com.cn -alt DNS:fs.audiocodes.com.cn-org
audiocodes.com.cn*

* *

*below is from wiki.
*

*This will create CA certificate and key along with in conf/ssl/CA
directory(cacert.pem, cakey.pem) and certificate in the conf/ssl
folder(cafile.pem).*

* [ Note: The name given for -cn and -alt should be the same as the DNS
name of your freeswitch installation and used as the registrar name on the
phone (at least on Polycoms). ] You can change the "DAYS=2190" line in the
gentls_cert file to make the certificate valid for longer time. However
making it too long has some wrap around problem, it appears.*

*To short, I want to change the valid period longer for the cafile.pem ,
thanks!!**
*

--
Regards,