[Freeswitch-users] H264 transcoding

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Fri Jul 27 07:19:30 MSD 2012

we can not and will not use GPL software, the license is not compatible with the GPL and would polute the codebase with additional restrictions that are not wanted or needed. now if someone could get them to change the license or atleast give us a license under better terms such as the LGPL or the MPL then the license issue would be null

Ken
Sent from my iPad

On Jul 26, 2012, at 7:45 PM, Terry Barnum <terry at digital-outpost.com> wrote:

> Use x264? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X264
>
> On Jul 26, 2012, at 4:53 PM, Ken Rice wrote:
>
>> Is it possible sure... Is ot probably to happen anytime soon? Not until the
>> patents run out...
>>

>> On 7/26/12 5:04 PM, "yufei.tao" <yufei.tao at redembedded.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I am trying to decide if it is feasible to let FS do transcoding between
>>> different H264 formats for live video calls. This is because I've got
>>> SIP clients that both use H264 but with different formats and one (with
>>> a bad H264 decoder) has problems decoding H264 stream from the other.
>>> But each of these two clients communicate fine using H264 with a third
>>> client that uses ffmpeg. I'm thinking of adding a module which uses
>>> ffmpeg, so that it will transcode H264 between different parameters.
>>>
>>> I've got a few questions:
>>>
>>> 1. Is this feasible? I'm not looking at supporting many simultaneous calls.
>>> 2. What is involved in transcoding real-time video stream?

>>> http://wiki.freeswitch.org