[Freeswitch-users] mod_loopback pre answer

Spencer Thomason spencer at 5ninesolutions.com
Thu Jul 26 21:02:08 MSD 2012

Hello,
I have a small multi-tenant installation where I need a hunt group where a user can do server side call forwarding on a per extension basis.  I'd also like the huntgroup to send a 180 instead of 183 with SDP when ringing.  I've currently solved this problem by constructing the bridge in a lua script like this:

if session:ready() then

	session:execute("bridge", "[leg_timeout=30]user/1002@"..domain_name..",[leg_timeout=30]user/1003@"..domain_name..",[leg_timeout=30]user/1004@"..domain_name..",[leg_timeout=30]user/1005@"..domain_name..",[leg_timeout=25]loopback/1001");

	--timeout
	originate_disposition = session:getVariable("originate_disposition");
	if originate_disposition ~= "SUCCESS" then
			session:execute("transfer", "900");
	end

This allows extension 1001 to forward their calls by inserting the appropriate dialplan entry prior to the bridge to the local user.  My problem is that when using loopback, ring_ready does not work because of a hard coded pre answer in mod loopback at line 969: switch_channel_pre_answer(channel);.

So I have a few questions:
Is there a better way to construct this kind of call forwarding/follow me without loopback at all? i.e. is there any way to set user defined call forwarding when do a bridge to a local user?

If not, what are the implications of commenting this line in the code?  Would I then be able to send a 180 w/o SDP when using loopback?

Thanks for your help!
Spencer