[Freeswitch-users] Testing iSAC

Martyn Davies martyn at magiccow.co.uk
Tue Jul 24 14:48:54 MSD 2012

I have an iSAC client that I'm testing against FreeSwitch.

Currently I have my vars.xml with:

global_codec_prefs=isac,PCMU,PCMA,GSM,G722

Which works, but only if the client specifies 32kHz mode. I want to test
16kHz mode, but FreeSwitch returns 'not acceptable here', and I can see
that when Freeswitch offers iSAC in the SDP it says only isac/32000.

So how to enable 16kHz mode for isac?

I tried explicitly putting isac at 320000h30i, isac at 16000h30i into vars.xml,
but this simply stops FreeSwitch from accepting anything.

Hints gladly received.

Regards,
Martyn