[Freeswitch-users] mod_avmd

BF bfmtl at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 23 17:47:53 MSD 2012

Hello,

I'm trying to use it from a Lua script. My understanding is that mod_avmd detects beep from voicemail systems and is CPU intensive, please correct me if I'm wrong.

The Lua example at FreeSWITCH Wiki is
local human_detected = false;
local voicemail_detected = false;

function onInput(session, type, obj)
    if type == "dtmf" and obj['digit'] == '1' and human_detected == false then
        human_detected = true;
        return "break";
    end

    if type == "event" and voicemail_detected == false then
        voicemail_detected = true;
        return "break";
    end
end

session:setInputCallback("onInput");
session:execute("avmd","start");
In order to implement this example, the script must wait for the beep to be detected or not to process the case accordingly. What is no beep is detected? How can I prevent called party to hear only silence while potential beep detection is being executed?

Thank you

Bernard