[Freeswitch-users] Lua outbound executing another lua script

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu Jul 19 22:50:07 MSD 2012

First off, welcome to FreeSWITCH!

I would recommend that you do as much as possible in the dialplan and as
little as possible in Lua. Lua makes things like if/then/else blocks
trivially easy. The XML dialplan makes connecting calls trivially easy. The
sweet spot is to find a nice balance. From what I see in your samples
below, you don't even need the receivewithwhisper.lua on the b-leg. You
could create a very simple dialplan extension that has each of the dp apps
that you are executing in that Lua script. Then your execute_on_answer will
be a transfer to that extension instead of calling Lua.

Maybe something like this...

Modify initiator script:
new_session =
freeswitch.Session("[execute_on_answer=transfer:whisper_answer]sofia/external/12345 at mydest");

Then add an extension:

<extension name="whisper answer">
  <condition field="destination_number" expression="^whisper_answer$">
    <action application="answer"/>
    <action application="playback" data="ConnectingToCaller.wav"/>
    <action application="conference" data="CONFTEST at default+flags{endconf,
moderator}"/>
    <action application="hangup"/>
  </condition>
</extension>

Tinker with that and see what you can get accomplished.

-MC

Michael S Collins
Twitter: @mercutioviz
http://www.FreeSWITCH.org