[Freeswitch-users] ENUM do not work

Paul Cupis paul at cupis.co.uk
Thu Jul 19 20:48:18 MSD 2012

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 08:46:07AM -0700, Michael Collins wrote:
>    I believe Ken Rice just applied a fix in tree. Please git pull and try
>    again.

I can confirm that this update does fix the issue.

Specifically, mod_enum was changed to required the nameservers to be
specified in the config file, rather than using the host systems DNS
resolution. This caused the failure we are talking about, as existing
configuration did not contain DNS servers in the mod_enum settings.

With the latest version, if there are no nameservers in the mod_enum
configuration file, it will default to using the system DNS lookup
instead of not doing any DNS lookup.

Regards,