[Freeswitch-users] DTMF detection in the core & spandsp

Peter Olsson peter.olsson at visionutveckling.se
Thu Jul 19 00:38:39 MSD 2012

Core DTMF tone detection is disabled by default, and started by using start_dtmf. However DTMF over RFC2833 is always enabled (maybe it's possible to disable, I don't know how though). RFC2833 is not DTMF tone detection, but rather a specially formatted RTP packet.

In your sample you get both inband and RFC2833 events, so that's why I think it's better not to detect inband tones at all, but only use RFC2833. However, if you only get inband you will need to enable DTMF tone detection.

Are you sure they don't support RFC2833 events, according to your log sample they seem to do...

/Peter