[Freeswitch-users] programming/config Polycom ip501

Todd Bailey toddb at toddbailey.net
Mon Jul 16 05:00:50 MSD 2012

Hi All,

I'm running a vanilla install of Fs and current have a hard phone
attached - the ip501.

tftp config files.

The address of the phone is 192.168.1.23 & 00:04:F2:04:79:68

If I read the setup wiki correctly, I need to have created 3 different
files

0004F2047968.cfg
0004F2047968-settings.cfg
0004F2047968-directory.cfg

these don't appear to have any effect on phone settings or
functionality,  did I name these properly?  and what if anything should
I do with the files from the firmware zip file I downloaded:
  000000000000.cfg
  000000000000-directory~.xml
  phone1_318.cfg
  sip_318.cfg

Speed dial (stored contacts) ?

I was able to config the phone using the web interface but I'm running
into several issues in getting various functions to work.
how do I setup and store a contact to get to an outside line I have to
dial 9 then send then dial the rest of the number. Needless to say ,
speed dial doesn't work,

What sections do I need to study to get 9 + ac + phone number to work
either manually or via a saved contact?

Messages?

how do I program the phone access voice mail?
when I press "messages", I can select 1 of the 3 extensions after doing
so it dials that extension instead of going to the voice mail.

sorry for being verbose, it couldn't be helped.