[Freeswitch-users] FreeSwitch Failover Question

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 16:39:20 MSD 2012

I'm currently in the process of setting up a corosync/pacemaker install to provide a virtual ip and IPVS routed mode to send the sip packets to a FS server.

FS hosts have the virtual ip bound to lo:0, and a sip profile listening on the virtual ip (allows FS to receive packets from the load balancer on ingress, on egress the packets from FS are sent directly to the endpoint with the correct ip, reducing load on the load balancer. Being on lo:0 prevents FS answering ARP requests.

rtp-ip is the real FS address, so rtp bypasses the load balancer reducing its load and ensures RTP goes to the correct FS host.

mod_sofia uses ODBC to use a shared database, MySQL Cluster (NDB) for HA. That means inbound registrations are visible from all FS servers regardless of which host handled the REGISTER.

Outbound registrations (gateways) will be trickier as each FS host will currently need to register separately.

Steve on iPhone