[Freeswitch-users] FreeSwitch Failover Question

Sean Devoy sdevoy at bizfocused.com
Wed Jul 11 19:34:42 MSD 2012

Hi All,

I have a question concerning FS failover for high availability. My SIP
provider offers the ability to route to a second server if the primary is
down.  That is simple enough, but what about the phones?  The desktop
devices are not registered with the back FS server.

The only idea I have so far would be to change the DNS addresses to the
backup upon failure, but that can take a long time to propagate to the
phones.

How do other people handle this issue?

Thanks,

Sean