[Freeswitch-users] Redirecting folders.

Vbvbrj vbvbrj at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 11:02:39 MSD 2012

Hello.

I've compiled and build freeswitch with --prefix=/opt/freeswitch . After
making and installing, I want to rename or move the whole installed
folder with binaries and other stuff. I could use LD_LIBRARY_PATH and
command line options to specify new folders, but there still remains
other folders, like storage, recordings, grammar. Sounds dir I specify
in vars.xml.

How to redirect the rest of folders? On start freeswitch creates a
folder in /opt/freeswitch with grammar, recordings, sounds and storage
subfolders. This is not needed. It will be preferable if during
compiling, to compile the freeswitch with prefix in such a way, that any
needed file will be found relatively to bin file 'freeswitch' on
starting it, ie, freeswitch will look for it default configs not using
$prefix/conf, but using ../conf. So is for other directories.

Thank you.

A second problem. I use a dedicated server with just linux installed for
freeswitch. And freeswitch is the only major service which is installed.
Calling 5000 immediately after starting freeswitch, the IVR sound is
good. But as time passes, sound get creeped, losed, sometimes it is not
understandable what it is saying. With this default configurations if I
register with 1000 and call 1001, I get into voicemail, as 1001 is not
registered. When spelling the number 1001 the sounds seems to distort,
like slowing down the speed of saying. What this can be a cause?