[Freeswitch-users] RTP delay > 100ms by performance testing with freeswitch as trancoding device SILK to G711a

Bzzz lazyvirus at gmx.com
Sat Jul 7 00:26:35 MSD 2012

On Fri, 6 Jul 2012 20:16:50 +0200
Tamas Jalsovszky <jalsot at gmail.com> wrote:

> How do we know which motherboards are "really really nice? Which
> parameters are the most important?

AM told you: cores NB + RAM + Server Mobo (not especially a top 1,
but studied to pipe a maximum in parallel processing)

> Maybe a brand (eg. supermicro) or price range could help choosing?

Supermicro has recentered its mobo gammut more on intel cpus than AMD
these last years, and their quality/price isn't, uh... very good.

http://www.tyan.com/product_SKU_spec.aspx?ProductType=MB&pid=670&SKU=600000180

It hasn't a low cost but that doesn't matter very much for a
professional use, and this one can go up to 64 cores & 512 GB RAM.

If you're patient (and if FS work on them?), HP and some others
as concocting multi-many-bi/quad-core-ARM-A7~A9 server mobos which
will give you a tremendous number of cores & RAM with the benefit
of (very) low power consumption.

Jean-Yves
--
<OMG style> children make stupidities in the dark =P
<Miou> stupidities in the dark make children...