[Freeswitch-users] Unable to set effective_caller_id_number when bridging using Openzap

Marcus Mülbüsch muelbuesch at as-infodienste.de
Thu Jul 5 15:33:57 MSD 2012

Hello all,

    yes, for hardware reasons (very old Sangoma card with very old
firmware) I have to use OpenZAP instead of freetTDM.

    So, when setting the effective_caller_id that value isn't used. See
that part of my dialplan here:

---snip---
<action application="set" data="effective_caller_id_number=####"/>
<action application="bridge" data="OpenZAP/3/a/${dialed_ext}"/>
---snip---

    That configuration works with SIP, however.

    The line is capable to accept a change of callerid; that was tested
with asterisk.

    Here is the relevant part of my openzap.conf.xml

---snip---
	<param name="mode" value="user"/>
	<param name="dialect" value="q931"/>
	<param name="dialplan" value="XML"/>
	<param name="context" value="default"/>
---snip---

    I am at my wits end and have no more idea what I'm doing wrong. Any
idea is appreciated (but don't expect a reply or thank you before
Tuesday, sorry)

Marcus