[Freeswitch-users] Inbound EventSocket anomoly

Peter Olsson peter.olsson at visionutveckling.se
Tue Jul 3 09:34:37 MSD 2012

I saw Tony added a new patch for you. However, even before this it was actually possible. For playback specific features, you could use playback local vars that will be sent back on PLAYBACK_START and PLAYBACK_STOP.

More info here;
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_playback#Example_for_specific_playback_variables

For a more generic approach for CHANNEL_EXECUTE_COMPLETE, it is also possible to use scoped variables, as mentioned here;
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Channel_Variables#Scoped_Variables

The difference with these approaches is that you (on the ESL client side) can decide a unique value. Tonys patch cretes a UUID for you, and uses that on the CHANNEL_EXECUTE_COMPLETE event.

/Peter