[Freeswitch-users] SIP Multiplexed Trunk as IAX2 or TDM

Nowlin, Win win at telisimo.com
Tue Jan 31 03:53:28 MSK 2012

Josue,

> Is there any way to have a SIP Trunk. I mean to have for example 32
channels merged in one? or something like this?
>When i try to find SIP trunk on internet i just see options for TDM
gateway or similar but not really a multiplexed trunk.

	Let's define a SIP trunk for this discussion as "virtual
internet connection" between your switch or gateway's IP address and
your SIP provider's IP address.   Over this connection your SIP provider
can send you any number of simultaneous conversations (basically
equivalent to "channels" or "time slots" in the TDM world).  A SIP
"trunk" can have as many simultaneous conversations ("Channels") as you
wish, limited only by your internet bandwidth, how many "channels" you
wish to pay for, and any limits set by your SIP provider.  Also the SIP
trunk can have as many different DID numbers as you wish or as limited
by your provider.  In this scenario, your provider is multiplexing the
TDM sources into your SIP trunk.  In its most basic form, a SIP provider
can "point" the SIP traffic directly at your Freeswitch's external IP
address and there you are!!  Set up Freeswitch to be compatible with
your Provider's requirements and you are there.

	As far as TDM gateways are concerned, if you are using legacy
equipment that requires TDM service, there are several SIP-TDM gateways
available that can receive the SIP traffic from your Provider and
convert it back-and-forth between SIP and TDM.  As far as the
suitability and hardware requirements for Freeswitch to perform that
function, since I am newly acquainted with Freeswitch, I leave that
discussion to those who are experienced.

Win N.

SIP (and RTP) have no concept of trunking/audio frames multiplexing
unlike
IAX2 and TDM.

_
consulting at freeswitch.org