[Freeswitch-users] Skypopen - Skype Client on a different machine than Freeswitch with Skypopen module

A E [Gmail] all.eforums at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 07:46:01 MSK 2012

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 2:14 AM, Seven Du <dujinfang at gmail.com> wrote:

>  skype clients should run with FS on the same box.
>
> You could run both FS and skype clients on another box just as a gateway
> if you want scale. We had run multi- FS instances on one box for
> scale/stable purpose, but you can get the idea from
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FreeSWITCH_Testimonial_on_Idapted.com
>
> --
> About: http://about.me/dujinfang
> Blog: http://www.dujinfang.com
> Proj:  http://www.freeswitch.org.cn
>
> Sent with Sparrow <http://www.sparrowmailapp.com>
>
> Thanks Seven. I had a good read of that testimonial and it's basically
saying what you just said here in a line. The question now is are the
design docs for that setup proprietary or kinda sorta can be GPL'ed or
"shared" in some form? :)

If not, then just to clarify, the FS-Skype servers load their own
mod_skypopen and is just a gateway to send calls to once it's determined by
the FS in the center acting like a soft-switch/call-control platform? Is it
completely possible to run/build an FS instance with just mod_skyopen or
mod_dingaling (and anything else that's fundamentally needed by FS) loaded?
I mean I could Google this but it might help if you could tell me what your
modules.conf.xml looks like for Skype only instance?

Thanks so much in advance, and apologies if I'm being unreasonable in
requesting for the info :)