[Freeswitch-users] mod_fsv and h263

Greg Millam captdeaf at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 02:24:05 MSK 2012

Hi folks -

  I'm using mod_fsv to record incoming video to an .fsv file, then
using ffmpeg to convert it. It works perfectly fine when the video
codec is h264 or h263+. But when the video codec is h263, it creates
corrupted video. ffmpeg creates a gibberish movie, and reports a large
number of errors. (Pasted below).

  However, when play_fsv is used to play that same .fsv file back via
freeswitch to my videophone, the video is clear and fine. The issue
appears to be in mod_fsv's recording, fsvdec, or similar.

ffmpeg is compiled with fsvdec.c

Output when using h264 or h263+ is typical ffmpeg success output, and
the generated .mp4 is nice and clear.

Warning output from h263 spans a large number of pages, but are variations on:

[h263 @ 0x3143200] illegal ac vlc code at 1x1
[h263 @ 0x3143200] Error at MB: 24
[h263 @ 0x3143200] illegal ac vlc code at 14x1
[h263 @ 0x3143200] Error at MB: 37
[h263 @ 0x3143200] concealing 396 DC, 396 AC, 396 MV errors
[h263 @ 0x3143200] illegal ac vlc code at 21x15
[h263 @ 0x3143200] Error at MB: 366
[h263 @ 0x3143200] concealing 118 DC, 118 AC, 118 MV errors
[h263 @ 0x3143200] illegal dc 0 at 9 16
    Last message repeated 1 times

  mod_fsv documentation on the wiki states that mod_fsv is endian
dependent, yet all processing is happening on the same machine. (And
the fact it works just fine for h264 and h263+ is just baffling).

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

- Greg Millam

--
If we do not endeavor to take a step every day, the journey can become
so long as to be infinite.