[Freeswitch-users] Remote Extension

Bob Coleman bobc at devassert.com
Thu Jan 26 03:37:45 MSK 2012

Hi,

I have a remote extension( Cisco SPA504G ) that connects to our
FreeSWITCH server across the internet. I am using a typical double nat
scenario as per wiki and the remote extension registers properly
against the right profile.

The remote extension via a dialplan can dial any of the extensions
that are local to the FS boxes network successfully with no problems

However when we dial out to the remote extension we get a "Cannot
locate any authentication on credentials to complete an authentication
request for realm '<our external domain>'

I have tried using both the default force register options and also
setting up another directory realm as well.

When looking at the log you see the originate attempting to connect to
the appropriate ip/port of the external phone, but after it "entering
state [calling]" it fails with the above error.

Just to test I have installed the 3cx softphone client on the remote
network, and it can be dialled with no problems.

The difference being that the 3cx seems to register a port in the
dynamic range (eg 52789) where as the cisco phone uses the 5090 port

Has anyone struck that issue before

Thanks

Bob