[Freeswitch-users] Running FreeSWITCH on softmodem

Sebastian Tarach starach at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 13:15:14 MSK 2012

Hello,

I'm pretty new to the whole idea of using Linux as telephone central .
I tried to setup Asterisk at first but failed. Although I have managed
to install it I was unable to "call my computer". That's why I was
hoping to deal with FreeSWITCH better. Please tell a noob like myself
how to make this finally work. Keep in mind that something that is
clear to you to me is probably a dark magic. For instance in
installation guide there are mentioned few different ways to connect
to a modem. Which method should I use if it comes to my modem :

$ lspci -d 8086:24c6 -vvv
00:1f.6 Modem: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M)
AC'97 Modem Controller (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [Generic])
        Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems Device 0001
        Control: I/O+ Mem- BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop-
ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
        Kernel driver in use: Intel ICH Modem

Thanks in advance