[Freeswitch-users] Log-rotation and uploading of .csv files.

Henrik Aagaard Sørensen henrikaagaardsorensen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 13:11:31 MSK 2012

I'm in the beginning of development for billing on my FS instance.
Currently I'm just in the log-rotation and uploading of the .csv-files
stage.

I'm having trouble understanding completely how this should work, to be
"bullet-proof" in a production environment.

I've read the "Example Perl Script for CDR into MySQL" in
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_cdr_csv.

What I would like to accomplish is uploading the Master.csv-file to another
server, which should take care of all the billing, so it doesn't interfere
with the VoIP-server.

But how can I make sure, that when I'm uploading the Master.csv file, that
FS isn't currently writing to the file as well.

I'm thinking of moving the Master.csv to Master-YYYY-MM-DD-HH-MM.csv every
minute and then uploading those files to another server.
But then again, how can I make sure, that when moving the file to
Master-YYYY-MM-DD-HH-MM.csv that FS isn't writing to the file?

Can someone share some light on this matter?