[Freeswitch-users] RTMP from non-flash/flex code

jahnunya at gmail.com jahnunya at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 11:37:55 MSK 2012

Hi.

I'd like to ask if anybody succeeded to connect streams from RTMP session
to a call, for  example SIP, not using flex/Flash.

I need a way to connect a SIP call to voice streams available from RTMP
server (Red5). Which side initiates the call doesn't matter to me.

I tried the flex client and it works fine: a call from Flash/flex could
initiate a SIP call in FreeSWITCH.

However, I need to connect streams from RTMP server (Red5). So far, every
attempt to do the same failed:
I can connect to FreeSWITCH via RTMP, of course, and make a call (by
calling the "makeCall" method) but the streams cannot be connected.

I tried the other way round: from SIP to RTMP, but it seems like the module
was not meant to work this way, as it complaints about the session id/uuid.

Unfortunately, I am not a C/C++ developer, so reading the code doesn't help
me.

Any solution or explanation of the RTMP module will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance