[Freeswitch-users] Play media dialplan

dan at subformat.net dan at subformat.net
Mon Jan 16 17:29:27 MSK 2012

Hi guys,

I'm new to Freeswitch and am currently looking to setup a dialplan that
basically does the following:

Ring an extension for 10 secs
if not answered, play media file.
After that has played, go to voice mail.

This doesn't seem to work though, it goes straight from ringing the
extension to voicemail and misses out the media file. If you setup the
dialplan to just play the media file it plays fine, just not when its in
the middle of a dialplan.

<include>
  <extension name="public_did">
    <condition field="destination_number" expression="number">
      <action application="set" data="domain_name=$${domain}"/>
      <action application="set" data="call_timeout=10"/>
      <action application="set" data="continue_on_fail=true"/>
      <action application="bridge" data="sofia/internal/1000@<IP_ADDRESS>"/>
      <action application="answer"/>
      <action application="set" data="continue_on_fail=true"/>
      <action application="playback"
data="/usr/local/freeswitch/sounds/<FILE_NAME>.wav"/>
      <action application="voicemail" data="default <IP_ADDRESS> 1000"/>
    </condition>
  </extension>
</include>

If you could point me in the right direction, that would be great.

Thanks