[Freeswitch-users] Effect of sync_clock on calls?

Michael Giagnocavo mgg at giagnocavo.net
Fri Jan 13 17:22:08 MSK 2012

Should there be any audio-quality effects on calls by running fsctl sync_clock? To try to get my timestamps as close as possible to system time, I plan on running this every 5 minutes or so. Is there a fundamental issue with this?

Or is there a way to disable the monotonic clock completely? I understand what it's trying to achieve, but I cannot see how it'll ever be any more accurate than the system time, which is sync'd via NTP. I'm more concerned about my timestamps being accurate than protecting against someone turning off NTP and changing the time to some invalid value.

-Michael