[Freeswitch-users] Voicemail and fax names

John freeswitch at earthspike.net
Fri Jan 13 12:38:56 MSK 2012

On 13/01/12 02:38, Gilad Abada wrote:
> Thanks for the response John. Anyway to get the db to name them? Are
> they named by UUID?
>
> Sent from my mobile device.
>
> On Jan 12, 2012, at 9:34 PM, John <freeswitch at earthspike.net> wrote:
>
>> On 13/01/12 00:44, Gilad Abada wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Does anyone know what names the vm and fax files? (DB or FS)?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>> FS.

Not sure what your point or purpose is. Filenames are chosen by the devs
in the FS code, and vary depending on context. VM files are named by
UUID, as seen in the src for mod_voicemail.c (this instance is for the
emailed VM file):

new_file_path = switch_core_sprintf(pool, "%s%smsg_%s.wav",
SWITCH_GLOBAL_dirs.temp_dir, SWITCH_PATH_SEPARATOR, tmp_uuid_str);

The DB, presumably, (I haven't looked) links the filename with the
date/time of the call.  The files are in <FS path>/db/ and you can
examine their structure yourself with the sqlite3 command line tool, or
similar.

John