[Freeswitch-users] speech to text engine

Brian Foster bdfoster at endigotech.com
Fri Jan 13 07:15:24 MSK 2012

Siri itself is not available on Android. There was an app that claimed to
be Siri for Android, published by 'Official App' but it was taken down by
Google. It was reported to be using Google's API.

Google's API for transcription from what I can se is supposed to be used
for Android OS only. It's not really clear if it can be used for other
purposes. Sirius doesn't have an external API for us to use (no surprise
there) and it most likely is using Nuance for transcription.

I've tried out the script on a few vm files I have. It doesn't really work
well for mobile calls. It worked extremely well on some pre recorded
messages I made (the number you have reached is not in service...) and it
worked really well. Maybe Google likes me?

-BD