[Freeswitch-users] simple B2BUA install on OpenWRT router

Andrew Radke andrew.radke at yuruga.com.au
Wed Jan 11 02:19:22 MSK 2012

Hi all,

I would like to create a Freeswitch install on our OpenWRT based router to work as a B2BUA SBC for our sipX PBX. Very simple requirements:
authenticate outgoing calls for our ITSP
preferably enforce negotiation of G729 due to limited bandwidth
no need to relay RTP, just let it get passed through from the phones to the ITSP directly
possibly register with our ITSP for inbound calls which would be sent to the PBX (unlikely to be used, but nice as an option)
An advantage would also be that it can be started and stopped, etc in line with the state of the connection rather than waiting for a timeout if the Internet is down.

I've looked at the Freeswitch documentation but it is heavily aimed at people looking to do more complex setups and you need to learn a lot about it.

I'm hoping that someone here could provide me with the basics to get something like this going and then I will document it for both the sipx and freeswitch communities. The existing documents use fairly complex setups and Kamailio and I'd prefer to keep it as simple as possible.

Also, it's possible that Freeswitch isn't the right option for this with something like opensips being a better way to achieve what I need. Please tell me if you think this is the case too.

Regards,
Andrew Radke
Yuruga Nursery Pty Ltd
Clonal Solutions Australia Pty Ltd