[Freeswitch-users] NAT Confusion

Vitaly Nikolaev nvitaly at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 17:13:59 MSK 2012

Agree on STUN,

most NAT problems can be resolved without it, freeswitch can handle phones
behind NAT nicely.

Make traces (tcpdump) at server and phone network, check all RTP streams
find where it get blocked (misdirected).  most likely it is network related
problem.

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 8:51 AM, Bob Smith
<gb10hkzo-freeswitch at yahoo.co.uk>wrote:

> Because by all accounts, judging by the Wiki Entry, usign a public server
> is not really a wise thing to do in production  .... the "
> http://dumbme.mbit.com.au/trixbox/stun_servers.htm" link on teh Wiki is
> broken, and the Wiki also says "Note: stun.fwd.org is gone; also
> stun.freeswitch.org is never guaranteed to be up and running so use it in
> production at your own risk."....  so I can only assume that most public
> servers are similarly provided on a "best endeavours" basis and prone to
> disappear at any time.
>
> Further, I now have an IPsec VPN between me and the firewall, hence
> eliminating NAT concerns, and I am still seeing the same issues as
> originally described with things partially working (even with Any/Any rules
> applied to firewalls).
>

> >Why not pick up a public stun server and config it in your softphone, most
> >likely it will address your issue.

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

Vitaly Nikolaev